Detox

I am feeling SOOOOOO gross lately.  This past month has been crazy with having Billy and Arty here, we've been going out to eat and to movies all the time and then I eat the crap we cook up at work everyday for lunch.  Needless to say, my innards are protesting.

My solution?  A detox diet!  I researched (and by "researched" I mean perused google) and found several things, one of them being the master cleanse.  The master cleanse is where you only drink a mixture of lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water for at least 10 days.  I had come across this cleanse in Fall 2010 and was tempted to try it over that Christmas break but had eventually decided against it.  And this time I seriously considered it but ultimately decided against it again because I work at 14,114 ft elevation, probably not the best idea to deprive myself of sustenance up there.  Plus, I didn't want to be going to the bathroom every five minutes while up there.


After drawing this conclusion, I remembered the leek detox I read about in the "French Women Don't Get Fat" and decided to do that.  However, since I don't know where that book is, I decided to do my own thing.

Day 1:  Drink nothing but my special recipe (which I hope tastes good, I'm making it right now!) of leeks, rhubarb, lemongrass, and crystallized ginger broth and water
Day 2:  Same
Day 3:  Same
Day 4: Incorporate whole fruits and veggies (ick)
Day 5: Same
Day 6: Incorporate unprocessed breads and protein
Continue on this path of happiness!

I'm so excited to rejuvenate myself and hopefully crave healthy foods after doing this detox!  Wish me luck!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts