Honey Cinnamon Mask

Today I would love to share a wonderful secret I discovered on pinterest - the honey cinnamon mask! I did not click on the link, or else I would share it with you, I just saw the picture of a sticky face and read that it was honey and cinnamon, filed it away in my brain, and kept scrolling.  Then one night, as I was washing my face and bemoaning the latest breakout along my jaw, I remembered this mask and decided to try it.  And woo boy!  Am I glad I did!  This makes your skin so soft and gives it a beautiful glow and diminishes acne overnight!  And now you will be privy to this beautiful routine, you're welcome :)

Before: I always do this at night, when I am winding down but you can do this at anytime



First, wash your face with plain old hand soap to get off all the dirt, sweat, and makeup from the day.  I use the hand soap because I feel like it's a little harsher and opens up your pores - this is totally only my opinion and observation, I have no idea if it actually works! I would advise that, if you have sensitive skin, you should use your routine face wash.



Next, pour a little bit of honey into your hand, about one tablespoon. I 'spose you could use organic but regular store bought, in a bear, will do :)



Then add ground cinnamon, I think it's a little under a tbls.... I'm not sure but add enough that it will make a thick paste



Mix with your finger, go slow so that the cinnamon doesn't fly everywhere! And again, make sure that it is a thick paste so that it won't drip off your face :)



Now, generously apply all over your face and let sit for at least 20-30 min.  I also like to gently massage it into my skin every few minutes, the cinnamon exfoliates and opens your pores, allowing the mask to really get deep down in there.



Rinse it off with warm water, use your normal face wash, and finish it off with a little bit of moisturizer - and ta-da!  Gorgeous skin!


Why does this mask work?  Honey is a natural moisturizer and both cinnamon and honey are antibacterial which kills the acne.  Best mask ever.  Hope you all enjoy it too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts