Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

A lot has happened recently and it has happened so suddenly that I am left quite bewildered, happy- joyously happy!- yet bewildered, with no wish, whatsoever, to blog.  But dear readers, I know how thou dost depend upon my musings by the pen- well, um, keyboard- and will not disappoint! 

Firstly, I would like to reveal that I am in love!

All right, all right, this is a long story so hold on to your bloomers and don't let them get into a knot, here we go!

I started work a week ago in the gift shop up on Mount FREAKING Pikes Peak and it is super fun and a piece of cake after working at McDonald's and Taco Bell.  I work on the food line and in the kitchen and for most of the time, I make the world famous doughnuts!  And not to toot my own horn or anything, but, I'm one of the best doughnut makers ever!

Well, now you're probably calming down and thinking, "Oh, she's not literally IN love, she just really likes her job," but ah contraire, dear reader, I am in love!  With who?  The most amazing man in the world!  AND we're ENGAGED!!!  Ah, I'm so happy, I could sing!  In fact, unfortunately for my family, I have been singing, I'm just soooo happy!

So we met at work, he's an EMT and actually saved my life the first day I was up at work.  Well, he assisted me when I collapsed from the altitude sickness (the elevation is 14,110 ft, you know, it kinda gets to you), and when I came to in his arms, our eyes met and there was just an instant connection.  He's actually a full italian (I know, perfect, right??), his parents' families immigrated from Italy and then met in New Jersey.  His name is Donato Jovene, but he goes by DJ.  Ah.... doesn't that just sound perfect?  DJ and Tess.  Love it!

Anyway, after I came to, we started talking a lot and then he asked me out and of course I said yes!  We went to this great little Irish pub called Jack Quinn's, oh it was so much fun!  The night we went was really great, they had all these people singing Irish ballads, it was quite perfect!  And we have so much in common, our love of reading and fantasy books, history, family, Lord of the Rings, and our goals for travel and family.  And he loves to dance!  So this was all about three weeks ago and we haven't been able to stay apart.  We usually work at the same time and then we'll hang out together for about 2 or 3hours after (I, and I assume him, have to get up at 5 to get ready for work and we don't get off til 6 that evening, so we only have a few hours before we have to go home and go to bed).  I just adore him!

Now, you may be wondering, "THREE WEEKS??  HOW CAN THEY BE ENGAGED AFTER ONLY THREE WEEKS??"  Well, he's actually moving back to New Jersey in about 2 weeks to help out with his family business (they actually run a hotel, it's quite successful and he's helping them open another branch in Delaware) and we're just so in love that we just figured, why not?  I know we're perfect for eachother and I can't imagine living without him that we decided it was right.  We're planning a September wedding in Jersey, I should be done with my dental assisting internship in August and Jersey's gorgeous and we'll be able to have the reception in his family's hotel.  I just can't believe how perfect it's working out!

He proposed last Saturday, it was so romantic!  He invited me over for dinner and when I showed up at his apartment, he had a basket packed full of brie and artisan bread and corned beef (our favorite) with some sparkling cider and grapes.  He lives in downtown Colorado Springs, so we walked around before going to the park and eating.  While we walked, we came upon this little band playing some lively music and he just set the basket down, took me in his arms, and danced!  It felt just like the scene from the musical, the King and I, you know, when she's teaching the king how to dance the polka?  Oh, it was so magical!  When the musicians stopped playing, he stopped and just held me for a moment and just looked into my eyes.  And then, he took my hand, knelt down, and asked me to marry him!  Oh!  It was just so perfect!  I love him so very much!

Anyway, I do have to go to bed now, I have to get up at 5!  But I do have a picture of the ring:

Sorry I don't have any more pictures, my camera's broken and he hasn't sent me any pics yet, we've been a little preoccupied : )  This is from my computer's camera and it's not working very well.  Anyway, I will post lots of picture once I have them!  Ah, I am soo happy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts